#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Curl up and read

Can you see the freezing rain out the window? It will be one of those days when you just don't want to go outside. That's because we will be spending the day putting everything that's in the kitchen into bins and boxes to prepare for the contractors on Monday.  It seems so funny going through all the cabinets. As I do I am deciding what things will actually need to go back into the cupboards. Already I have weeded out all those extra mismatched coffee cups. Some things like the silver cranberry sauce dish I only use at thanksgiving and I think could be in storage in the basement. And my sister gave me a beautiful spice rack full of spices. I need to throw away all those old ones. 
And what should I do with that Eiffel Tower Olive oil container?  I love it but haven't really used it lately.  Oh, therewill be a lot of decisions like that.  I can't wit to have an all new kitchen. We have lived in this house for forty one years and haven't made a lot of changes..until the last eight years when we added the sunroom. This is a new adventure...updating. 

When I get a moment I will sit down with a library book...


Or read on my kindle app on the ipad.  I'm still one of those who likes to hold the pages in my hands though. 

I hope wherever you are that you are safe and warm and make the most of this day. 

5 comments :

  1. Wow! You do have an *interesting* weather map there!

    Here, we are forecast snow... Later in day.... I went to library already!!! But snow is to be followed by warm temps and rain. So.... Who knows how this will turn out.

    I agree! Fire in the fireplace... Yummy book to read.... Yessss!!!!

    Hunker down!
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two years ago Bradford was in second place in the Weather channel's contest for the worst weather. Really don't want to be known for that! We have a saying here...if you don't like the weather...just wait a minute.

      Delete
  2. Laughing....still waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!
    the excitement begins! you're going to feel like you have a brand new house! the kitchen being the heart of it all.
    the only thing missing from that family picture is darling sadie! i remember she was standing in front.
    i thought . . . "pick her up somebody!" LOLOL.
    you're getting SO GOOD with your photography and the different apps. WOW.
    won't this new year be fun! in so many ways . . . i'm going to have a new blog! LOLOL.
    xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! What to do with all those accumulated things that are so hard to let go off? I find, as I SLOWLY pare things down, that taking a picture of an item helps to let it go. I can only bear so much, and then I have to wait a while. But how exciting to have a new kitchen in the works! I like a real book too! I found a funny book on a bookshelf in our little Honolulu hotel last March. It was set in Paris, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You might like it too: THE YELLOW EYES OF CROCODILES by Katherine Pancol. Enjoy your Steve Berry book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.