#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, January 23, 2015

Celebrate good times...come on.

 

T

Yesterday was our 49th wedding anniversary. Don was my high school sweetheart so I've known him since I was sixteen. It was a blizzardy night when we were wed. One of the groomsmen didn't make it from out of town and we had to find someone who fit the suit to substitute. We honeymooned in a nearby town and by the next day our car was buried in the snow. I drove and Don pushed the car to the road. It didn't stop us from going to a Niagara Falls ..were we crazy or what...yes, young, crazy, and in love.

Like all marriages there have been ups and downs but our love has always held us together. I am lucky to have such a thoughtful caring man in my life. In forty nine years he has never forgotten to bring me roses.

 

5 comments :

  1. Happy Anniversary!! How wonderful to be together for 49 years. :) I love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a perfectly adorable picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    happy, happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young, crazy, and in love ~ your face says it all, Peggy! I love the photo ~ not everyone can have a blizzard wedding photo! Happy Anniversary to you and Don, and may you continue to celebrate many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky indeed! both of you!
    happy anniversary dear peggy and don!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both! I think it was another anniversary, with another picture, when I first saw your blog a couple of years ago. Your marriage inspires me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.