#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Cold enough for ya?

 

 

It was seven below when I left for coffee this morning. I thought for sure my coffee friends and I would be the only ones foolish enough to go out. To my surprise the place was full! We hearty people in Bradford just don't let the elements dictate what we do.

I don't seem to be getting anything done these days. For one thing every room in my house with the exception of my bedroom and the sunroom look a mess with all the kitchen stuff all over. There really is no sense in trying to clean. And I feel like hibernating and sleeping away the day. Plus I'm down about losing my friend. I want to pick up the phone and call her. In fact I've called her every day just to listen to her voice on the answering machine. Is that weird?

On a brighter note today is plumbing day in my kitchen. The dishwasher will be moved to the right of the sink. Things are really progressing nicely tomorrow the painter will begin and they hope to start adding in the cabinets tomorrow. The appliances will arrive tomorrow too. I should be super excited. My emotions run happy and sad.

 

1 comment :

  1. that is not weird at all.
    the marine lost his beloved wife three years ago. and her voice is still on their answering machine.
    he's not weird about it. it simply gives him some sense of peace. maybe someday he'll change it. maybe not.
    i'm glad you have your remodeling going on. in some way it will help you through this time.
    my heart to yours dear one. loss is loss is loss. there is no way around it but through it. great hugs to you.
    and yes.
    you bradford people have a grand spirit indeed. a beautiful spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.