#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Bucket list

 

This is a repeat of my bucket lost post but I needed to see it again.



Do you have a bucket list? I have read that written goals have a better chance of coming true and that is what a bucket list is. It’s a list of all the things you’d like to do you kick the bucket. Quite a while ago when I was taking a graduate course our professor asked us to list five things we’d like to do in the future. As a lark I put down "Go to Paris". It was a far fetched goal..one I thought I’d never in a million years get to do. But within five year I went to Germany with my sister and we took a train to Paris. I still pinch myself to make sure it was true.
So after that I made a bucket list and crossed them off one by one. I didn’t make a deliberate plan to accomplish all the things on the list, but one by one they were crossed off. There are still some things left to do and I need to add more. But here is the list:

Go to Paris again.

Experience Tuscany.
Take a cooking class.
Study painting and become an artist.
Go to a spa and have a facial.
Read along the beach.
Remodel/redecorate the house.
Take a vacation to Alaska with Don.
Drive a Porsche.
Get false nails.
Go to a workshop of all women.
take a watercolor class.
Make a cutting garden.
Make money on a craft.
Stay at a luxurious hotel.
Go to Disneyworld.

Go antiquing in Brimfield Mass.
go to the Poconos in the fall.
Ride a bike around State Park.
Get a Vespa.
Go on a picnic to the Welland Canal.
See a broadway play.
Take a class at Chautauqua Institute.
get a digital camera.
Decoupage photos onto fabric pillows.
Have a women’s support group.
Go to the beach.
Go on a cruise.
Get on a walking program.
Ride horseback.
Go on a surprise weekend with my husband.
Sell something on Ebay.
Get the house organized.
Have a yard sale.
Spend a lazy day on the boat
Go for a picnic to State Park.
Become a runner.
Spend the night on a boat.
Go to New England.
Enjoy a Bemus point Concert.
Put an addition on the house.
Ride in a limo.
Light a paper lantern on the shore of a lake and let it sail into the sky.
Go to the Florida Keys and watch a sunset.
Have a family vacation at a destination.
Go to Carmel, California and stay at a Bed and Breakfast.
Stay up and watch the falling stars.

How about you? What is on your bucket list?

paris tower

2 comments :

  1. Sorry, I accidentally deleted all the comments. My apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh go for the cutting garden, Peggy! My grandmothers and great aunts had them, and my early life was full of flowers! They are wonderful! Paris was on my bucket list, and I finally made it there last spring. It's sad to think that Parisians are going through such a sad day today! Good luck crossing those uncrossed items off!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.