#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 12, 2015

It’s starting to get exciting around here

My contractors are really moving along. Today we had a challenge.  Yesterday I talked to my contractor about how much the new French door refrigerator was going to stick out into the room.  They are so large…35” deep. My old one stuck out four inches. This one would stick out ten!!! Too much for such a narrow kitchen. I know it’s only 6 more inches but I’m the Princess and the Pea and little things like that really bother me. So Daryl talked to his guys….did I mention that my contractor had a head on collision before all this started..not his fault…and broke his ankle? He has been supervising from a distance. So today they came in , pulled the studs from the wall and gained inches for me to push the fridge back four inches.  I am extremely happy.    They also started putting on the mouldings and chair rail. It dresses it up so much and looks great. Now I am starting to see the vision I had. They are planning on putting in the cabinets on Friday. The painter will work this week. I can’t wait to see it painted. It looks so fresh now in its raw state that I can’t imagine how it will look when it is painted.    This is a process and I think they are working quickly. We still need to pick out granite so are traveling to Rochester, NY to see slabs tomorrow. It’s coming, the kitchen’s coming!

 

 

3 comments :

  1. That's exciting, Peggy! I bet you already know pretty much what you want your granite to look like, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun watching your vision come alive, Peggy! Good luck today and safe travels on your journey to Rochester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your contractor is a BLESSING!
    really.
    you have NO idea how long many of them take to do the simplest of jobs. let alone re-do a whole kitchen.
    i've heard horror stories here of 6 months or more. you could build a HOUSE faster than some of them take to remodel!
    kudos to him! and to your lovely new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.