#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Cheer when you need it

I have the best sister in the world. Today a package arrived in the mail. Inside were many gifts brightly wrapped with an envelope on top that said..open me first. Inside the envelope was note paper with a little story.

There were directions to open each package in turn.

Inside there were the best gifts......tricolored pasta nests from France, lemon scone mix, rooibus red tea, carrot ginger soup mix....

And then some lovely things....some flowers with bulbs, a beautiful green vase, and a white bird to hold little flowers

 

 

The final gift was a notepad.

How wonderful to have such a thoughtful sister who knew I've been going through a stressful time. Love you Linda!

 

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous8:24 PM

    What a creative and thoughtful sister! I enlarged the text so
    I could read the story. Love the "middle of Nowhere" reference!!!!!!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift! I can imagine how thrilled you were to get it. I think your sister knew that you've had some stresses in your life lately, some from good reasons and some from a sad event.

    I love this story because it makes me realize how a sister can help, just when it's most needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisters are the best, Peggy! They just seem to know when you need a little sisterly support. Yours is truly wonderful! I love the sentiment on the notepad ~ simple but profound. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh!
    that's something just like my little mother would have done!
    and with such beautiful creativity too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.