#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 08, 2015

How do I manage

It's only been four days and adjustment to life without a kitchen is proving a challenge. All the food is in Chris' old bedroom. Also a temporary kitchen. Everything is all over the place and hard to find. Getting it organized is just a joke.

The plastic ware, pots, all all of the other paraphenalia is in Ryan's room. I can just close the door to that room and leave it all alone.

 

And then there,s the dust. Even though the room is shut off with a paper the dust seeps through. So I hung a sheet over the doorway too. But every time someone enters and exits the room they carry dust on their feet.

I'm trying to ignore all the mess and focus on the prize. Today they are doing all the elctric work.

Here' same little video..no Sadie in this one.

 

 

 

5 comments :

  1. I think Don should take you out to breakfast, lunch, and dinner ~ daily! I'm glad it's you and not me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are going to eat out more than ever before. It's just crazy trying to cook back there.

      Delete
  2. I can honestly say I know how you feel, Peggy. Well do I remember 5 months in 2004 living through it, 5 months of microwave and electric skillet cooking, adventurous at first but soon turning to frozen dinners, take out, and visiting the deli of every grocery store around. 5 months of plastic sheeting hanging up, 5 months of strange men trekking through my bedroom to use my bathroom as the other bathroom was gutted when the kitchen was gutted to become the pantry area, one side of the family room torn out to enter the new kitchen and laundry room being built on the side of the house.

    I almost lost my mind. I wished I had been 20 years younger. I wished I had never asked for a new kitchen. I paced the floor when contractors and subs were due to show up and never did, sometimes for days at a time.

    Yes, it was worth it, but it was not a fun thing while it was going on. I ended up with the last worker, the painter, leaving the day before Thanksgiving and hosted Thanksgiving dinner the next day, with a lot of help from daughters-in-law.

    Just think, Peggy, you'll be all beautiful there by next Thanksgiving, maybe even by Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Dewena, I hope that it won't be 5 months!!! You went through a lot. I can't imagine you hosting a big dinner the day after they finished. I decided to do this in the winter because I was hoping that they wouldn't have ten other jobs they were working on at the same time. I know contractors do that and bounce back and forth. And contractors work on their own schedule. You know us, if we were doing a job we'd be here nine to five and get the job done. They come whenever...but each day I can see progress. Yes, it's already getting old having to cook out of the bedroom. It better be done by EAster!!LOL

      Delete
    2. Peggy, you know my s-i-l who builds houses, he said that some clients are beginning to pay extra just to have their house built as the only house the firm is handling at the time. Lots extra. Nice, if they can do it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.