#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A little bit of Dolly

Who doesn't love Dolly Parton? She has survived the music business for a long time by being herself and being honet and funny. Here are some of her notable quotes.


"Don't lose your temper; use it."

"A peacock that rests on his feathers is just another turkey."

"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one."

"Any relationship is like a house with an upstairs: it's got two stories."

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the
rain."

"People tend to fear what they do not know, and what they fear they
dislike."

"I've always said that if I hadn't been a woman,
I would have been a drag queen."

"I describe my look as a blend of Mother Goose, Cinderella,
and the local hooker."

"If I see something saggin', baggin', and draggin',
I'm going to nip it, tuck it, and suck it."

"It's almost like being trapped in some other form.
The real me is so different from the way I look on the outside."

"That's the great thing about a sense of humor and a sex drive,
you can't wait to share it with everybody else."

"I sometimes make the joke about me standing on a hilltop with
my hair blowing in the wind -- and me too proud to run after it."

3 comments :

  1. i absolutely love her!
    and excuse me please. whitney did not make 'i will always love you' a fabulous song.
    it was first written by dolly and sung perfectly by dolly.
    no drugs. no angst. no diva.
    simply down to earth and all heart. yes. dolly every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dolly too! Her trapped in a different form is a fascinating comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Dolly around here! I watched her on the Porter Wagoner show every Saturday for years, on black and white t.v.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.