#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 01, 2015

A little French Tablescape

 

Today I'm joining Susan's Thursday Tablescape party at Between Naps on the Porch. Please visit her blogfound on my sidebar to see more great tables.

Before Christmas I found a burlap runner with ruffles that I had been looking for in Hobby Lobby. Burlap was huge last year but I didn't feel it suited my style. But when I saw this runner I knew it would work on my table.

I also got these metal chargers that had an antique feel.

And that called for digging around in my silverware storage to use these pieces with an older look to them. They hadn't seen the light of day for many years.

 

I kept the same centerpiece from Jan Williams that I had used at Christmas.

 

These adorable bird in nest salt and pepper shakers were a gift from my sister Linda.

She also gave me some french wired ribbon with the Eiffel Tower and french scenes on it. I tied it to my candle-ier.

She had given me the bird a few years ago. Since we visited Paris we both have had an affinity to all things French.

 

Thus the Paris plates.

 

Now if I could only cook like a French chef.

 

 

8 comments :

  1. A bit of French, is always so pretty. :-)

    Enjoy this lazy day of New Years Day. At least, that's what I am doing, today. N-o-t-h-i-n-g. ,-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!
    oui mon amie!!!
    c'est belle!
    i will come to dinner any time . . . regardless of what you serve! LOLOL.
    xo♥
    perhaps it would be fun this year to have a "french night" each month . . . a table setting like the one above
    and a french recipe to try out on hubby and sadie! tres excitment! LOLOL! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been able to work burlap in either, but I love the look here, that rough-luxe look. A very sophisticated charming table and that silverware should see the light of day more often, Peggy. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy, I actually love the look of burlap, but I think I might be allergic to whatever they process it with. BUT that being said, I found some textured fabric that LOOKS like burlap that I have used. I just love this whole look and those darling plates. I am so glad you found a runner that works for you. :-)

    This is a great table!

    Happy New Year to you!

    I'm visiting from Susan's blog.

    xo

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty table! I love the bird accents, especially the bird salt and pepper shakers! Visiting from Susan's party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Paris plates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Love this table! Those Paris plates are absolutely wonderful....beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live my decorative fantasies through you, because I couldn't even imagine putting something together like your lovely table. I love those Paris plates! Thanks for sharing your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.