#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Sometimes you need a little help

For the past few days I have had some help. My girlfriend's grandson has been doing a chore for me that has been needed since last year. He is cleaning out the gutters and downspouts and power washing the gutters and siding. It is a godsend to have someone else doing this for us. But it is difficult for us to admit that we need the help. Don has always been a strong and capable man and able to do so many things around the house. He was our resident plumber, electrician and mechanic for so many years. But with declining age and COPD he is no longer able to do any of those strenuous chores. And neither am I. We are so grateful to hire this done and will be pleased with the results. 




3 comments :

  1. I completely agree with the quote! You are being very wise to get help. There are far too many stories about ladder accidents to ignore the risk as we get older. Just wish my husband would listen to me but his job has involved climbing up and down ladders for decades so it's hard to convince him there's a time to quit. As he just celebrated his 75th birthday I think the time is now.

    And Peggy, your comments are still going to "awaiting moderation" but at least I now know to look for them there. I have 2 blog friends who email me that they can't even leave a comment. They're on Wordpress so there must be a glitch there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one told me old age means compromising the things you used to do. But the sooner I accept that the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you have someone great to help you, Peggy. I've started to run into age compromising the things I used to do. For the first time I find myself wondering if I'm still capable of doing certain things. A run of unexpected and discouraging health things in the past few weeks has left me questioning. Love that quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.