#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas party

 

How wonderful it was to spend an evening with my friends. We began the night with cheese, crackers, wine and sparking grape pear juice in the living room in front of the fire. We were lucky that the snow that was predicted didn't materialize until later in the evening. After chatting for awhile we began dinner with my homemade French onion soup.


It was served in rectangular white ironstone crocks with lids. There were toasted croutons and shredded Parmesan cheese to add to the soup available. The next course was salads. I made a tri colored bow tie pasta salad and a butter lettuce, arugula, and spinach salad with candied walnuts, strawberries, mandarin oranges, and sliced Apple. Jeanette brought a refreshing salad of Apple cubes, grapes,and walnuts. We also enjoyed rolls which were brought by Joan.


For dessert I served a frozen strawberry pie with hot fudge sauce along with decorated sugar cookies. Lisa added zucchini bread and peanut butter fudge.

At each place setting was a little favor which included a plaid note pad and a chocolate bar along with the tag which read. ..the greatest gift is friendship. I am so lucky to have this group of friends. They are all super support for me and lovely people. I am blessed.

 

2 comments :

  1. what a fabulous evening.
    glamorous but cozy! and friends together like that are a treasure. xo♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy!! We are more than blessed and so very grateful to have YOU in our lives and...our hearts❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.