#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, December 03, 2015

Does this strike you as funny?

At Chris’ house there is a small lake fed by an artesian well (a bubble of water coming out of the ground).

thanksgiving at chris' 2015 010thanksgiving at chris' 2015 006

It has a few houses on the lake but mostly it is a walking path…part of the Appalachian Trail.

thanksgiving at chris' 2015 055


Every time I am there I try to take Sadie for a walk around the lake. thanksgiving at chris' 2015 037

We walked up to the bubble. thanksgiving at chris' 2015 044
This is the funny part.
thanksgiving at chris' 2015 057
We came upon a man sitting on the park bench surrounded by ducks who were begging him for food. thanksgiving at chris' 2015 060They were not taking no for an answer and were honking and carrying on but the man seemed to be ignoring them. thanksgiving at chris' 2015 074When we got closer I could see that he was just trying to read his newspaper in peace. No peace there.

Here is a little sidebar. I have been having hip problems for a few years now and finally went to an orthopedic doctor. After xrays and an exam he told me that I have bursitis and that physical therapy should solve the problem.  I was thrilled because I was fearing the worse…hip replacement. So off to therapy I go. He said I should do better in six weeks.  Yeah!!!




4 comments :

  1. OH! SO glad no surgery! that is worth celebrating for sure.
    and that lake and the buildings around it are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selma loves walking around the lake! She always chases the geese and scares them away. She also tries to get in the water all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PT won't be fun. But I certainly hope it works for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the geese are hysterical, Peggy! That looks like a lovely walk around the lake. I'm happy to hear that you have a PT option to help your hip instead of an operation. You must be in pain, and yet, you spread happiness and grace around you. I will be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.