#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's the most busiest time of the year

Ok, grammar police..I know I used two superlatives in the title..but it was cuter that way. Sorry, Joan. 

.Today my big computer decided to work...even the mouse pointer...so I'm blogging quickly before it changes its mind.

  I promised you a tour of Linda's delightful home.  And I've tried..really I have. But I'm having trouble with Windows Live Writer so I can't use it to blog with and using the Blogger platform is just taking too much time.  So for today I'll just recap my day.


I spent most of the day today and yesterday making cookies. Christmas baking is part of the fun of Christmas  Here are the kinds I made...

peanut butter blossoms, date swirls, date Rice Krispie balls, apricot bars, and nut tassies. Oh yes, and fudge. I have the best easy fudge recipe in the world. Maybe you'd like to try it.

Virginia's fudge (Virginia was a friend of mine from our Beta Sigma Phi days)

In a double boiler mix:
4 cups of powdered sugar
4 T milk
4T butter
1 tsp. vanilla
4 T cocoa
pinch of salt
Stir till just mixed together and the lumps are out of it. ...it's done now.  You can remove it from heat and  add some nuts and peanut butter ...a half a cup each  (I do) Pour in buttered pan. That's all. Delicious!

Fudge is very rich and I only make it at Christmas time. It brings back fond memories for me. When I was 4 I visited my Aunt Toot who always made fudge for me. I remember her apartment in downtown DuBois, Pa and how it overlooked the main street. I remember not even being able to see up onto the counter. We would eat the fudge and then she taught me to play Chinese Checkers. My dad was also a good fudge maker. We waited patiently till the drop of fudge was put into a cup of cold water to form a soft ball. Then it needed to be beaten and poured into the dish. We always got to eat the spoon and lick the pan. My father in law was also a famous fudge maker in their family. What a delight to visit and watch him make his fudge.
   Are you doing lots of baking this year? Each year I say I'm going to buy my cookies but there is nothing like the taste of homemade cookies for the family. I hope that you are keeping traditions going at your house. It seems to me that some traditions are going by the wayside. I heard that the card companies' sales are way down this year since people are sending email greetings instead of cards due to the cost of postage. And I'm not sure the next generation will do the huge holiday dinners that we are used to.
  I will be busy tomorrow (physical therapy ...which is doing wonders for the bursitis in my hip, almost pain free...and my art lesson...I'm working on my third painting.) and the rest of this week so I will wish you now a very happy holiday. I hope that the season will bring you joy. I send my love out to each of my readers and hope that the new year brings you all the happiness that you can stand. Love you all. Thank you for being such faithful readers. It means a lot to me to have you visit...and sometimes comment.

1 comment :

  1. i remember when our jacob always said "it's my most favoritist thing in the world!"
    and you're right... it IS cuter. i hated that school had to interfere! LOL.
    i STILL use it when i'm really excited about anything!
    happy christmas to you too dearest bean.
    i don't make all the sweets because then i would EAT IT!
    but my mother literally started in early november and maked delicious morsals right up to christmas!
    she was the original christmas elf.
    XOXO♥ hope santa brings you new tekkie stuff ... just what kind you want! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.