#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Is it green?

ipad pictures 2.14 116

Oh how I long to see something green. I quickly tire of white lawn, white hills, white streets, white paths. Yes, it is beautiful but the splendor of it wanes as time goes by. It is a long time until the daffodils pop their heads out of the ground. There is a reason why anyone who can travels south in the middle of this constant snowy season.
    I only have a few live plants. The peace lily was given to me after my father’s funeral seven years ago. It is so faithful in giving blooms all year long. It sits in front of my french doors and having something green to look at right now makes me happy. 2014-01-10 peace lily 0362014-01-10 peace lily 0402014-01-10 peace lily 041

Now a new tree has joined the peace lily by the door. This Christmas I found this cute little evergreen tree in Big Lots. I loved the feathery texture. It’s a Siberian evergreen and maybe it will grow up to be a real tree someday.  Meanwhile I repotted it into a bigger pot so it would be happy.
IMG_0710IMG_0711

Do you have a green thumb? Are you a plant person too? What do you do to make yourself find a little bit of summer during the long cold winter?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.