#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, February 07, 2014

Valentine’s Tea

Today our Literary Club put on our annual Valentine’s Tea.  Since I am one of the officers I helped prepare food and work in the kitchen. I made some egg salad tea sandwiches for the tea. We have it at the Presbyterian Church downtown which is a lovely venue. The tables were all decorated with candles and hearts as was the head table. Tea and coffee were poured by the President using a silver tea service. 
   Lindsay Randall, an award winning romance novelist, was our speaker and told the history of romance novels. She also gave away many books as door prizes.  I won Everlasting by Kathleen Woodiwiss. I usually don’t read romance but on a cold winter’s day I think it might be just right.
 

2 comments :

  1. your tea sounded lovely.
    i love little egg salad sandwiches! and pretty tables.
    once i was the one who had to 'decorate' all the round tables for a large group like that. we had NO BUDGET for decorations!
    i had been warned ahead of time.
    i went to a field where i knew where tumble weeds all along the fence. large ones. too large. then I got lucky. many just medium to small ...
    the perfect size!
    i put them all on a blanket and then dragged the old blanket back to the car. i then spray painted them all a snowy white in the garage. i'm amazed I didn't poison myself! i went to the discount store and bought .99 clear glass candle holders and white candles.
    the tables were all ready for me with starched white cloths. i put a 'small tumbleweed' in the center of each table with two tapers on either side. far enough that there was no danger of fire of course! the large chandelier sparkled above... the only light.
    when the whole room of tables was lighted by the candles too ... the tumble weeds took on a totally enchanting look!!! one of the most fun things i've ever done. everybody was or at least pretended to be delighted. LOLOL. they tried to get me to volunteer to do the tables all the time. with NO BUDGET! LOLOL. "sorry! don't think so" i'm sure my husband was relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN!!!
    i got caught up in the memory writing that. and then hit publish. and NOW LOOK AT IT!!! hogging the WHOLE SCREEN!!!
    peggy. sorry! LOLOL. it just looks so much bigger on your post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.