#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, February 03, 2014

On a Winter's day

All the trees are brown and the sky is gray.  Do you sing along when you hear this  old Mamas and Papas' song?

Do you have a song that evokes a special memory for you?  The Theme from a Summer Place reminds me of going to the drive in movie with my boyfriend..who is now my husband.  satisfaction by the Stones has me thinking of living on the river one summer for three weeks and commuting to college. 




We are tied to the music we listen to. This is the fifty year anniversary of the Beatles. . Who doesn't remember all the words to their songs. When I hear their music I am back in college sitting Ina tiny dorm room chatting with my girlfriends with the radio cranked high. 


My husband still would rather tune Sirius to the oldies than listen to any of the pop radio music. I guess for both of us it brings back a time when we were young and free and full of energy and fun. It's a good place to be..if only for the length of a song. 

3 comments :

  1. Stop already! 50 years! I have so many favorite songs! One of them is "Bus Stop" by the Hollies. I met my husband at a bus stop!!! I used to point the bus stop out to my kiddos on field trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny that you could meet your husband at a bus stop and I met Don at a football game but kids these days nee Mtach.com to find someone to date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! I'd better look over my reply before posting. My fingers are just too big for this ipad keyboard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.