#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My town

There is an interesting Facebook page called I Grew Up in Bradford PA. Kin Nicholas is a great photographer and goes around town taking photos with a distinct viewpoint. It makes me look at our town in a different way. Here are some of her shots. 




This last one is an old photograph of a theater which has been long gone. At one time Bradford was a booming prosperous oil town. There were many hotels and this was a rich town. Many famous people stopped in Bradford on their way from Buffalo to Pittsburgh to perform here. We have quite a fascinating history. Our town is the home of the Zippo lighter and Case knife. 

1 comment :

  1. You have a lovely and varied blog. What I can not understand, is how/why such blogs, don't seem to get many Comments. -sigh-

    I try to make my blog varied. I try to have different topics. I try, very hard, to make a visit to my blog, a nice visual experience. Meaning, I really work on my Blog Look. :-) And I get very few Comments.

    I know, we must not make Comments, that big a deal! Must not! Must not! But... I admit... Sometimes "it gets my knickers in a twist." -pout-

    And here you are. With a long-running lovely blog... And sort of in the same boat, as it were.

    I do not understand.

    And yes, I do go and Comment in the blogs of others.

    Excuse me for "crying on your shoulder." -smile-

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa~
    (Upper NYS)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.