#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Unceasing snow

“The snow began to fall again, drifting against the windows, politely begging entrance and then falling with
disappointment to the ground”
Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster

bird feeder feb 14 027

“Is it snowing where you are? All the world that I see from my tower is draped in white and the flakes are coming down as big as pop-corns. It's late afternoon - the sun is just setting (a cold yellow colour) behind some colder violet hills, and I am up in my window seat using the last light to write to you.”
Jean Webster, Daddy-Long-Legs
bird feeder feb 14 016

"Snow was falling,
so much like stars
filling the dark trees
that one could easily imagine
its reason for being was nothing more
than prettiness.”
Mary Oliver

“All Heaven and Earth
Flowered white obliterate...
Snow...unceasing snow”
Hashin, Japanese Haiku

1 comment :

  1. an absolutely beautiful post ... this.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.