#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Getting out of Dodge

It has been a sunny week. Even though the temperatures were near freezing or below most of the week the sun has greatly improved my mood. I keep busy all week while my husband spends a lot of time at home. He has COPD and it is hard for him to walk any distance at all so he feels more comfortable just resting at home. So shopping for him is not fun and there are no physical activities, even walks that we can do together. But he does enjoy going out to dinner. So yesterday we went to Jamestown, NY to the Olive Garden, one of his favorite places. He had his favorite, seafood Alfredo. I tried the chicken piccata which had capers and sun dried tomatoes in a lemon garlic sauce.  And the Parmesan crusted zucchini is something I’d like to try at home. Delicious. Afterwards I did a quick tour around TJMaxx, Michael’s, and Wegman’s. Didn’t buy a thing. It was a nice ride and we enjoyed our day.  

When we came home we stopped at the video store. We may have one of the surviving video stores in the country. We only have one redbox in town but a huge video store. We rented Murder on the Orient Express. Agatha Christie never lets you down. And the cinematography was outstanding. 





2 comments :

  1. Anonymous5:21 PM

    I wondered about seeing that movie for the scenery alone! well. and Judi Dench. I love anything she's in.
    I heard on my car radio yesterday that there are only 7 Blockbuster stores now in the world.
    One was somewhere in Alaska. I remember when a girl who worked for me at Tourism moved to Australia because her husband was a CEO and a heavy investor in the firm. back when it was new and HUGE and successful! isn't it amazing how technology changes things? really in only a matter of years.
    I've wondered how they've fared since then. hope they didn't put 'all their eggs in one basket!'
    so happy for your sunshine! I'm missing Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, do you see this comment..either on the blog or in email? I took little Sadie out for her first walk (in the stroller) of the season today. She loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.