#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Nope, not here yet

This recent snowfall and cold has me yearning for warmth. Each night I sleep with my heated mattress pad turned on. I tend to have circulation problems and my hands and toes are always cold even though my house is warm. Spring is still not close so I stay inside. I’m getting cabin fever despite how busy I try to stay.  

Even the chipmunks must be trying to get warm. When I put a load in the dryer I heard a loud thunk and the inside wouldn’t turn.  Later when Don checked it it worked. The next day when I went downstairs I could smell the distinct odor of dead animal. Yes, a chipmunk had crawled into the vent and died.  Don  had to take the dryer all apart (aren’t I so lucky that he has the skill to do that?) sure enough he found three dead chipmunks in the vent. I felt so bad. This must not be unusual because when I told my friends two of them had the same experience with a mouse. 


I have a book to read and Netflix to watch. Mozart in the Jungle begins its new season.  How are you occupying yourself these days?





2 comments :

  1. Your winter scenes are so pretty but yes I am in agreement....I am ready for Spring. Sorry about your dryer issue...It's amazing how animals can find their way into our dryers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:22 AM

    like you ... it makes me so sad when the little creatures die like that just trying to find warmth and a home!
    and YES! you're so lucky to have Don to handle it for you. that's truly the reason I went from owning a home to renting this apartment. now I can just pick up the phone and say help! I tried not to bother the Marine too much when I owned my home.
    he had enough "honey-do's" from his own wife let alone his sister! my Bob was like Don and the Marine. he could do pretty much anything always. I soon found that owning my own home alone is a totally different matter!
    the Marine and I never part now that his last words to me are always "call me if you need anything." and he means it!
    and to think growing up together we fought like cats and dogs all through childhood. now he's my best friend and such a blessing. I hope I'm the same to him.
    hang in there Darling Bean. Spring surely has to be right around the corner for you! you could write your memoir! I would love to read it! I know your blog is like your personal journal. but a memoir would be the book and your own philosophy and special memories and even favorite recipes. I think it might be fun! AND put in your own beautiful paintings!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.