#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

I should write a poem


If you didn’t know better wouldn’t you think these orange tiger lilies were real?...and that it was the middle of summer when the blooms are plentiful? When I saw them at Walmart I knew I needed a spot of bright orange in the kitchen. I should write a poem called I need flowers. You can see that it snowed again yesterday and last night dumping another foot. I couldn’t get the car up the driveway when I got home from coffee and Walmart. I had to get out the shovel and clear a path for the tires and Don had to bring it up for me. We do have someone who plows for us but he had a hip replacement so we got another guy. He isn’t quite as good about getting out to clear the driveway in the morning. I also had to shovel the sidewalks. Our first guy did all that for us. 
I stopped at the library for a few books and two new movies. I think that will be my afternoon. I was planning on going to Fredericksburg Virginia to see my sister this weekend. Even though it’s a long seven hour drive I thought it would be worth it to get into some sunshine and warmth. When I started looking at the weather on Saturday they were going to have a high on the weekend of sixty seven but as the week progressed the forecast got worse and now it’s only going to be fifty two and rain. That is not worth driving down especially when we are going to have snow on Friday morning. (Remember how we started out driving and had to turn around?) So I will be staying home. Possibly an old friend of Don’s might be coming for the weekend. 
Are you a person who buys flowers regularly?

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous7:04 PM

    they are seriously making flowers now that could pass for real. they're just amazing.
    the Bradford ornamental pear trees all over our city are in bloom. a lot of them have blossoms that turned brown.
    because they all came out and then were hit by a hard freeze. always the way here!
    but still. we have that warmth and sunny days I wish we could give to YOU.
    I'm glad you're staying home and being safe. better to do that and live to go again in great weather! XO
    hug my beloved little Sadie girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.