#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

A LITTLE YELLOW SONGBIRD AND THE JOY OF DISCOVERING SOMEONE NEW




That little yellow blob in the birch tree is a small yellow songbird. I know is prejudice to love the brightly colored birds better than the black ones (think crows) but just seeing him this morning made me smile. All it takes to brighten my heart sometimes is just a little simple thing. And so it should be. We don’t always need the big moments. 

I also made a discovery this morning as I was surfing around the web. I happened upon a keynote speaker for an Erma Bombeck writer’s convention. We all know and love Erma for her great humor (and how we need that in these times...I miss it). Karen Wolrand’s speech is worth listening to(if you click this link...)



I know it’s old fashion of me but I still marvel at the vast amount of information which can be found on the internet. As a constant learner this has opened up endless possibilities for opening my eyes to new things which I would never have access to in my little town. I need to spend more time in humor and less watching the news. 


2 comments :

  1. Happy Tuesday, Peggy! I, too, am in awe of the information literally at my fingertips these days. I can learn so many new things, and I can check up on the details of things I don't remember fully. It's an amazing world! Love your little yellow bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:31 PM

    wow! that speaker Karen Walron (if i remember it correctly) was fantastic! i feel that same way about humour you know. for me it's everything. a form of medicine really.
    AND i also feel like you do about little song birds if i could ever see one. we don't have them!
    so i shall share yours. although i have to say my favorites are little sparrows. i think of them as the 'common folk' of birdland. they're cheeky and cheerful and they survive. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.