#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Blinking lights

I hesitate to write this for I don’t want you to think I’m a whack job. I thoroughly believe in ghosts. In fact, I know for sure that I have been contacted many times from the other side. It began when my sister’s husband passed away from brain cancer. There were so many unusual happenings right after that and I couldn’t explain them....my car radio coming on loudly all by itself, a hanging spoon which kept swinging for over fifteen minutes, books jumping off shelves. Then after my father passed we had the episode where he opened the bottle of wine for us. 

Do you believe that the dead can communicate with the living? I always thought so but now I am absolutely convinced by what happened this week at my house. My two sisters were visiting from Virginia. We always have a great time and that includes a little wine drinking (without me, of course, since I’m allergic to wine). Linda brought one of her last two bottles of wine that our father had made. He passed away a few years ago and we talk about him often. We were contemplating opening a bottle. I remarked that I had only one bottle left but I was saving it for a special occasion. My sister said, “If not now, when. If not us, who? If not here, where?” We were sitting outside at a small table on the breezeway and heard a crash from inside the house. We all looked at each other since we knew no one was in the house except Sadie whom we could see laying in front of the French doors. I said, “What was that?” I went in to look and called to the girls that they had to see this. My last bottle of wine was in the wine rack where it had been sitting for over 3 years. But the cork was unpopped and the bottle pushed back on the rack to save the wine. We all were amazed that the wine would open at just that moment when we were talking about it. And just that quickly we knew. Dad had opened his bottle of wine for us. The implied message was….this is a special occasion…drink it now! We couldn’t believe that it had happened and were just dumbfounded! If anyone could contact us from the other place, it would be my dad! I know now that he is ok and we have hope for after we die too. It gives me such a warm feeling to know that dad and mom still see us and know what we are doing. Thanks, dad for showing us that miracle!





I went to a local medium and was totally amazed when she said my mother’s middle name (Blanche), my father-in-law’s name and how he died, that I recently just got back from Canada, a relative’s granddaughter’s name whom we had just visited the day before, and several other significant facts. There was no way anyone could have known those things. It just confirmed for me that somehow people on the other side can communicate and have a voice. (If you have seen Long Island Medium on tv you know what I am talking about).

One of the ways I have been contacted is by blinking lights on and off. It has happened so many times to me that I am sure that it is a way of them getting my attention. I’m talking about lights that blink on and off for no reason (believe me I’ve checked that it isn’t a faulty wire). It has happened when my sisters and I are together, when my family sat in my son’s living room, when I am looking in the mirror in the bathroom. But yesterday ...well, it’s stunning. 

I was cleaning out the basement and as I sometimes do I was talking to my best friend who passed away over three years ago. I was telling her that I wanted her to contact me. I assured her I know she could do it. In fact I said out loud, “turn the light off, you can do it”. I said this several times and of course the light didn’t go off as I expected. So I forgot about it and went on with my chores in the part of the basement where my washer and dryer are. I turned on the radio (to detract me from the idea that it was a lot of work to sort through all that unused cookware that clutters the bins). I was working away when the three fluorescent lights in the other part of the basement started blinking on and off rapidly. I know when Don is upstairs and he wants my attention if I get a phone call and I can’t hear hi m call because of the radio he stands at the top of the steps and flicks the light switch on and off rapidly. So I hollered to see what he wanted as the lights continued to blink off, on. I thought he didn’t hear me so I walked over to that side of the basement when he appeared at the top of the steps wanted to know what I wanted. Weird. As he appeared the lights stopped and he walked down the stairs and the lights blinked off and on quickly for a second or two and then stopped. It wasn’t him turning them on and he was witness to the lights blinking. Then I knew....Yrsa had heard me. 

So I know that someday when I pass I will see my loved ones once more so I am not afraid of dying. I’m not ready to die yet for I feel I have a lot of living to do but when I go I want those left behind to know that I will be around watching their lives unfold and trying with all my might to contact them. 

So....have you been contacted? Do you believe?

1 comment :

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.