#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Dances with the daffodils

And then my heart with pleasure fills
And dances with the daffodils....William Wordsworth




The daffodils are in full bloom and show their glorious bright yellow to brighten up the brown landscape. How welcome the color is now. We had a hot (yes, hot! 81 degrees) and I couldn’t wait to bury my hands in the dirt. With bucket in tow I cleaned out my porteger (little herb garden in french) that is beside the back door. It had become completely overgrown. The lilac in the pot is popping its buds and I’m hoping that this year I will get a flower or two. The thyme got way out of hand and too big and was cut back. The chives which faithfully return every year got a trimming too. I left the lavender alone since it is taking a while to get established. And there is a clump of what I think is oregano (not sure) but it comes back every year. My garden sign will need to be spray painted this year. The rest of the space will be used for herbs. I found some copper plant markers in the Bullseye section of Target.





We were in Buffalo yesterday to take Sadie to the animal hospital for a checkup. I think she amazes the vet at her resilience. Other than her deformities he thinks she is in good health. He drew blood and called me later to say that her liver enzymes are about where they were last time and he prescribes keeping her on the dosages that we have her on. She had a mani-pedi and we were done. Afterwards I made some quick stops at a few of my favorite stores then we ate at the Olive Garden for lunch. It was such a beautiful day. Last night we got out our porch swing and I sat outside as long as I could possibly sit before going in. Today will be another gorgeous day. 



3 comments :

  1. Anonymous8:24 PM

    OH PEGGY! just the best news ever for little Sadie.
    i'm so happy to hear it! she has your spirit and joie de vivre! that's why she's doing so well! XOXO
    give her a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the daffodil is glorious! I'm glad to hear that Sadie is holding her own! And that you had a lovely hot day. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow ~ Thank goodness. Terry was wrong ~ The snow is in the Front Range. We get about 36 hours of much needed rain. Hope it's sunny where you are! Have a good one, Peggy!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.