#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, May 05, 2018

It’s strawberry pie time


My husband isn’t a gourmet cook but he does have his specialties. He makes a good fried pork chop, ham and cabbage boiled dinner, chocolate cake, and strawberry pie. The occasion this time is a visit from Craig from Rochester for the weekend. Craig is a little older than my oldest son Chris and is like another son to me. He lived with us for a while when his parents moved to Rochester. He loves hunting and fishing and fit right in with my boys. Don loves having him here especially when he brought down some venison. Don can’t hunt anymore because it is his right eye that he had the stroke in and lost compete vision so he can’t look through a scope. And also with his COPD he couldn’t drag a deer from the woods even if he could shoot it. So he depends on friends giving him meat. He was delighted with the venison but also with the King Crab legs that Craig brought. It was a feast last night. 

3 comments :

  1. Anonymous6:10 PM

    oh good grief! i LOVE that pie.
    i think it was a chain that started on the west coast... don't know if you'd know it then.
    but there used to be a Kip's Big Boy (in his little black and white checked pants)
    and their specialty dessert was always that pie! it was the best in the world i thought!
    i ALWAYS ordered it if we ate there. just seeing it makes me remember good times!
    so happy that you and Don get to spend time with your honorary son! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tammy! Your comment brought back memories for me! I lived in California a long time ago, and it was at Big Boy that I first tasted strawberry pie. Yum!

      Delete
  2. Don's pie looks delicious. I found some beautiful rhubarb in the grocery store last Monday. I bought some dress strawberries along with the rhubarb and made a crisp. Oh it was delicious! It was thoughtful of Craig to bring you venison and crab legs! Sounds like you all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.