#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Carpe diem

Seize the day! Despite our rainy forecast the clouds cleared and the sun came out and gave us a beautiful afternoon yesterday. I took advantage of that and took a walk around Marilla  reservoir (sadly without out Sadie since her buggy still has a missing wheel). It is exactly a mile around the lake and the path meanders through the woods. 

It is a popular spot and I passed walkers with dogs and/or children. 



There are two different bridges to cross and as I walked along all I could hear was the babbling of the creek which fed into the lake and birds singing their soft sounds in the woods. I think it is a blessing that there is no cell reception in that area. It enabled me to find peace in nature instead of being hooked to my iPhone and listening to podcasts. 



Winter winds, snow and rains can be hard on trees. There were many toppled trunks down and broken limbs. There were also trees that had been cut laying all over which really detracted from the beauty around the lake. 




Occasionally I would pass a fisherman or a family with children fishing for trout in this peaceful setting. The walk is not hard with only gradual slopes to navigate. 


It is one of my favorite walks and I must do it more often. 









1 comment :

  1. Anonymous7:41 PM

    beautiful peggy! and i imagine little Sadie had lots to smell on your shoes when you got back home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.