#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Journaling


Do you keep a journal? Do you blog? In 2006 I began to read decorating blogs and found a whole community of people who put their lives out there for others to see and read. I enjoyed going from blog to blog and reading how others lived their lives.  Sometimes it was decorating hints, seeing beautiful rooms, looking a food or recipes or just listening to the daily lives of those women who write on a daily basis.

   At the same time I began an interest in photography and read many blogs which helped me improve my photos. I decided to start a blog as a journal of my life. I wanted to post pictures so my family could look at what was going on at the time. And I wanted a record to mark events in my life.

Gradually others than my family and friends began to find my blog. Since I don’t make an effort to put on crafts, recipes, or diy projects I didn’t expect a big readership. I am doing this just for myself with no pressure to have the perfect pretty blog. I want to enjoy blogging.

I am in the process now of turning my blog into books. I am using a program called Bookemon which is easy to use. I wanted a hard copy of my journal so that all my life doesn’t disappear into the cloud when I pass on. A book will last and maybe my children or grandchildren will find it a way to know me better.

At my urging my father used a cassette recorder and some questions that I gave him to fill two cassettes with his life story. It is a treasure. I transcribed it as well as made a scrapbook. It is one of my prized possessions. I learned so much about him that way. Before he passed he urged me to get my story down. I think this journal is one way to do that and honor his request.
Quote about journal writing from Bram Stoker's Dracula (Mina Murray ...<b>Journals</b> Unlimited Review - The Gardeners <b>Journal</b>

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.