#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, September 06, 2018

CHANGING SEASONS

IMG_4730


It’s coming. My favorite season. No, the leaves aren’t changing yet although I found a few had fallen on the trail. And even though the weather still feels like summer I know change is in the air. For us in the north it means getting ready for winter. In the fall we have to put away everything we dragged out at the beginning of summer…all the tables, chairs, cushions, statuary, sculptures, pots, urns, and the swing. Clearing off the courtyard and breezeway becomes one big chore. But it has to be done because our winters are very harsh and if you want something to survive you need to protect it. Most of our outdoor things go into the shed but the cushions and delicates have to come in the house. Some we gather together and put a tarp over for protection from the snow. But it’s not quite time for that yet.



IMG_4728


Another yearly chore at this time of year is getting out our winter seasonal clothes. We have a completely different set of clothes in the cold weather. We don’t just add a sweater we completely change out our closet to add long sleeved tops and long pants along with boots, gloves, scarves, hats, and heavy coats. (yes, I have way too many hats and scarves).


IMG_4727


But until it is time to do all that I will enjoy all the warm weather.


"I believe in magic. Subtle, everyday magic. Each morning before I give myself a chance to doubt otherwise, I smile knowing that this day is laced with wonders, and it’s my plan to focus on finding them."

–Suzanne Robbins

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous4:27 PM

    I remember living in those climes. I loved it! your pictures capture the summer~to~fall change over beautifully. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.