#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Crisp..or hot, hot, hot





The fog was laying softly on the hill this morning above the University. Usually in September we have crisp, cool mornings followed by warm days but blame it on global warming we are experiencing such hot weather. It made 90 degrees today at our house. We got the air conditioning just in time and enjoy having the whole house cool. I went out long enough to water the flowers and cut back some of the dead stems before retreating once again into the house. These last days of summer like weather seem lazy to me. (Or maybe I’m just tired..and lazy). I went to Olean today to return overdue books and found some new ones to read. I am half way through Nicci French’s  Sunday Silence. It’s a great page turner and easy read. I also started Creativity, Inc which is the nonfiction story of the creativity of Pixar. Today someone came to talk to Don about taking down the crabapple tree in the front yard. The tree was there when we bought the house 44 years ago and I have loved watching it grow. Don grafted on regular apples and I have made pies from those over the years. This year we didn’t have a frost to kill the buds in the spring (global warming again) and there was an overabundance of apples which weighed down the limbs so much that one broke off and the other dipped right to the ground. So it is time for it to be taken down. I will miss my good friend.          





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.