#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 09, 2018

Here’s to new experiences

On Friday I tried a vegetarian restaurant for the first time. Cece and I plus a friend of hers< Susan, went to Mayville for a collage class this week. Cece had discovered this little restaurant in Jamestown, NY that she had enjoyed and I suggested we eat there for lunch. 


I love it when I can find things on the menu that I don’t recognize or are unusual. And the Labyrinth Press Company had many things in that category. 

I ordered the African Peanut Burger (with the egg on the side) and it was delicious. I also got a cup of Asparagus Paremesean soup with potatoes,onion and thyme which was out of this world. I would go back just for a bowl of soup sometime. 







The counter person was so friendly and personable and we got to talking about our mission to go to art class and she paints also. This little cafe is an order at the counter type of place with a lot of specialty drinks. Cece ordered a pumpkin latte. (That’s Susan in the red)


In the alley beside the restaurant there was a sign indicating a potter’s studio but we didn’t have time to explore it. Maybe next trip. 

On the way up to Mayville we did make time to stop at The Artist’s Loft, a unique store which represents many artists. It was just filled with creations ranging from paintings to jewelry and glass creations. I must go back when we have more time to explore it without rushing. Since Saturday was my 74th birthday I treated myself to a bracelet and earrings. The owner of the store and I were chatting and she is the silversmith who created the things I had picked out. 


At the Depot this week we painted background papers for collaging using many methods of getting texture and unusual materials. Next week we will tear or cut these pieces and paste them to make collages. Our instructor Susan is so enthusiastic and thoroughly enjoys the process of teaching us that I always learn so much. She makes me want to enjoy the process of art and not dwell on whether the results are perfect. 

All in all it was another perfect day. 












1 comment :

  1. Anonymous11:02 PM

    it all sounds wonderful!
    it's always fun to explore new tastes I think! I wish we had more veggie/vegan restaurants here.
    but alas. we're in BEEF and BIG OIL country. so you can imagine.
    I've been eating Vegan (except for fish and shrimp!) now for almost 6 months! hard to believe but true.
    I haven't even missed meat. never was a real meat eater anyway. they have such wonderful products now made from soy or black beans etc. that it makes it so easy! Morning Star Farms makes a meatless breakfast sausage patty that you can not even tell the difference!!! and cream cheese that's not cream cheese! lol. I'm hoping it all makes a difference in my cholesterol too!
    and that soup you had DOES sound wonderful! Happy Birthday dearest Bean! I'm right behind you! next June I turn 74 too! it's all good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.