#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, September 07, 2018

Goodbye tree


Today I am saying goodbye to this glorious crab apple tree that has stood in front of our house for all the 45 years that we have lived here. When I come back from Mayville today it will be gone. Don has wanted to cut it down for a few years now and says how nice the house will look without it there. I have disagreed and pointed out that it not only gives us shade but provides a place for the birds while they are waiting to get at the feeders. 
How can you not miss this spectacular pink spring tree?


And how the fallen buds make dotted art on the ground. 


It looks like a Serraut painting. 


How proud Don has been of his grafts and the apples they produced. 


Now the once proud tree is broken. I don’t know why I am feeling so very sad at losing it. Is it because it is old? And I am old? Do I somehow relate? Or do I dislike change? I feel like I’m losing a friend. I am glad I’m not going to be here today to watch it fall. (Tears are falling, I’m such a baby). 







All gone....












2 comments :

  1. Oh no! I know I shouldn't cry over spilt milk but I feel for you, Peggy. You have written a beautiful farewell post though. Still, I'm sad with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:53 PM

    hard to even speak! too shocked. as you know trees are sacred to me. it will take me awhile.
    maybe it's because I live in a state where they are always taken down by Nature's ice storms or tornadoes and straight line winds.
    and DROUGHT! and yet they keep giving us that precious oxygen and blooms and shade! and here they are just taken for granted.
    but they are always courageous to me! I mourn with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.