#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sadie



I haven’t posted very much about Sadie lately as we were going through a difficult time with her. She recently became blind. We had noticed that she was very clingy and always wanted to be held and picked up. Finally we realized that she couldn’t see. Added to that her back legs were collapsing just as her front ones had done. We still were carrying her everywhere but it was hard for her to stand even briefly when she went outside. We knew the time had come to let her go. Don could not bring himself to go to the vet but Chris was here to help us through it. I held her and went to vet with Chris but I couldn’t be in the room at the last minute to see it through.  Chris was there for her at the end.  The vet remarked that she was an amazing dog and commented on how we did our all for her and how she went everywhere with us. 
  Don was at home crying when suddenly he knew she had passed because a strange calm came over him. I think it was Sadie’s soul comforting him. You know how strongly I believe in the afterlife so I know she will be there for me when it is my turn to cross over. We will grieve for her and never forget the companionship and love that we received from that little bundle of fur who stole our hearts. 


4 comments :

  1. Oh dear Peggy and Don, I'm so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. I know it hurts so much to lose valiant little Sadie. I loved her from the first time I saw her here with you, at first because she was so much like our Katie Belle, but as time went by I loved her for her own spunky self. Yes, she will be waiting for you and knowing that helps. Still, there will be such a big hole in your home and your life for a long long time. I wish I could help ease this for you but know I can't.

    Thinking of you both and sending love,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:08 PM

    In memory of Sadie, the dog who really wasn't a dog, but a human in a dog suit!����������������
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:10 PM

      I'm so sorry..I added hearts to the end of my comment, but for some reason, they came out as question marks!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:21 AM

    I have been dreading this post and yet knowing that it had to be.
    the tears are streaming as I write this. you've written beautiful words here for your little darling.
    and oh Sadie girl... what spirit and courage you had. right to the very end. I've loved you from the start too.
    sending you huge hugs Peggy. you and your beloved Don and Chris.
    I'm so glad Chris was there to help you both through it. I can't stop crying here. love to you dear one. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.