#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Oprah

I don't get a lot of magazines now. One by one they were dropped as the ads got longer and longer and the content shorter. I've hing on to a few favorites. I still love Southern Lady. I don't live in the south, but I was born in Georgia and feel my southern roots. And I am getting a new one...Cottage Journal. I used to get Le Vie Claire and loved the weight of the pages. I save every copy off those magazines and love to get them out in the summertime when I sit outside and retread them. I am also currently getting the Oprah magazine. I usually sit down and read it from cover to cover. I especially like the feature in the front where they ask questions of the contributors. Here are this month's questions and my answers. How would you answer the questions?

If you looked inside my closet you'd be surprised to see.... That I still have my scrapbooks...one from the time I had rheumatic fever as a child and saved my cards and notes. Another from college with sorority invitations and a lock of my ponytail. Another with cartoons that I made early on in our marriage.


The one thing I regret tossing....in my effort to due clutter I tosses out a shoebox from my closet. It seemed empty but later I discovered that my crocodile naturalizer loafers must have been in there.

I'll never let go of......the scrapbook I made for my father. I had asked him to write down his memories and had given him a book with prompts. He surprised me with two full cassette tapes which I transcribed into his memoirs. He also gave me a picture album. I created a scrapbook and surprised him with it one Christmas . I am so glad that I have this recollection of his life now that he is gone.

1 comment :

  1. You are a sentimental woman! In my closet you'd be surprised to see a big box with all the letters I ever wrote my mother. She saved them for me!

    I regret tossing old prom dresses--all that tulle and organza!

    I'll never let go of a tape we sent my parents of our two older children's voices, talking to Grandma and Grandad. Our kids are in their 40s now and their sweet little voices when they were 5 and 7 reduce me to tears every time I listen to it. Mom saved it for me too. Yes, she is a sentimental woman too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.