#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Random thoughts

It’s almost ten o’clock on a Saturday night and I’m not in bed yet. It seems these cold winter nights I get sleepy around ten and off to dreamland I go. I’d love to have watched a good movie on tv tonight, but pickings are slim. So I’m rambling.

    I’m on the big computer tonight. That ipad of mine has held me hostage for the last few days. I hardly want to put it down long enough to charge it. There is so much that you can do with it and it is sooooo fast! No wonder people like apple products.


   As you have noticed I have a sidebar of blogs. I want to give a shout out to my very favorites.

Have you visited Susan Branch? Yes, she’s the one who does those marvelous illustrations and cookbooks. Her blog is delightful and the post today of the snow and the birds was just lovely.


If you want to see beautiful tables set by the lake you need to see Home is Where the Boat is. That girl is talented!DSC_0305-001






I never miss Lines from Linderhof. She entertains so often and I feel like I sit down to tea with her everyday.


I wouldn’t miss Between Naps on the Porch. She is the one who started me tablescaping.
Valentine's Day Table Setting Tablescape

Pat at Back Porch Musings always has interesting things to blog about and beautiful homes.acottagebedroom3


And of course my girl, Kim Klassen, who is responsible for teaching me all about Photoshop.


The tables at Entertaining Women are certainly beautiful and gracious.


Oh, dear, there are just too many favorites. I’d like to give a shout out to Across the Way a new blog I’ve just discovered by the wonderful Dewena who is kind enough to comment on my posts and makes me feel like a million bucks.
Her blog is like going to seminar on feelings. it brings out the best in me. I hope she doesn’t mind me sharing this Ray Bradbury quote because I absolutely loved it!

 

"That's what it is--a body like this is a dragon, all scales and folds.

So the dragon ate the white swan. I haven't seen her for years.

I can't even remember what she looks like. I feel her, though.

She's safe inside, still alive, the essential swan hasn't changed a feather.

Do you know, there are some mornings in spring or fall, when I wake and think,

I'll run across the fields into the woods and pick wild strawberries!

Or I'll swim in the lake, or I'll dance all night tonight until dawn!

And then, in a rage, discover I'm in this old and ruined dragon."


Ray Bradbury's female character in Dandelion Wine









I hope that you can visit all those wonderful blogs. Tell them Peggy sent you.

1 comment :

  1. Peggy, of course I don't mind you using this marvelous quote. I hope it goes out to many people and that they'll also read Dandelion Wine. Thank you so much for mentioning my blog in the same post as the other amazing blogs, some that I know and love also but others that I will now go and visit.

    I'm so happy to have become a blogging friend with you--and with Sadie!
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.