#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, February 11, 2018

A cleaning tip

Cleaning...yes we all do it. We don’t talk about it much. We pretend on the blog that our houses are perfectly clean and picked up at all times. No clutter. At least not in the camera lens. But we all protect our little secret. Our houses get a mess sometimes. Like yesterday when I spent an hour in my bedroom putting things back in order (and getting the dust bunnies from behind the bed and dresser). 
   Some people have a cleaning routine...they do certain rooms on certain days. The closest I come to that is that I do the laundry on Sunday when I’m home all day. Otherwise things get done whenever I see the need. My greatest cleaning recommendation is Esmerelda, my Rhomba. You know, that little round self sweeper you see advertised. It was the best purchase I ever made. For some unknown reason sweeping the house was my least favorite chore. Now I just turn on Esmerelda (yes, I named my sweeper) and she goes from room to room picking up all the dirt. I LOVE her!! She has taken the pain out of sweeping for me. 
   I don’t have a lot of cleaning tips but I want to share with you two homemade products that work for me. 

FURNITURE POLISH:
Mix in a spray bottle-1 T olive oil, 1/2 cup white vinegar and 5-10 drops of essential oil
Fill the little spray bottle with water. Shake well before each use. 

COUNTERTOP SPRAY
 In a small spray bottle mix: 1/2 c alcohol, 1 1/2 c. Water, 1/4 c dish soap, a few drops of essential oil.




2 comments :

  1. Anonymous6:19 PM

    well. you know I'm a minimalist. mostly because I love it.
    but secretly it's also that it's the best way to keep a clean house! LOL!
    dusting is a breeze because there are so few dust catchers anywhere!
    thank you so much for the healthier home~made cleaning supplies tips!
    I like that they're healthy without dangerous chemicals.
    I remember Mother and Gram always cleaning windows with white vinegar.
    I am going to try these cleaning 'recipes!' Reve' gave me some essential oils.
    can't wait to try them with these. thanks Auntie Mame!
    I'm thinking Auntie Mame would have been the first to own a Rhomba! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ~ You're house isn't perfect all the time??? Whew! LOL I wish I could get into a cleaning routine! I bookmarked your cleaning recipes to try when I get home again. I'm trying to balance my computer on my lap in our hotel lobby. The internet has been really pesky. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.