#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

SUNSHINE


Sunshine came softly through my window today...

When I saw the sunbeam I immediately thought of the lyrics to this old Donovan song.

 


Isn't it funny how things like that rise to the surface. Released in 1966 it is generally considered to be one of the first examples of the musical genre that came to be known as psychedelia. The song features styles of psychedelic folk, psychedelic pop and folk rock.
Looking back that era was part of my growing up. I remember the tie dyed clothing and weird posters of that age. Once when we visited my sister and husband when he was going to college in Philadelphia we went to a night club which had a huge wall of gyrating lights in psychedelic themes. It was all about the go go boots and leisure suits. What a wild time. 

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous4:50 PM

    they might have called it psychedelic rock but it at least had a still lovely and recognizable melody!
    who knew that the tip of the iceberg would morph into what acid rock and truly psychedelic would later become!
    i still remember my first pair of go go boots! I loved the British invasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Don't you mean "groovy" or "far out" posters, Peggy? I remember Donovan's song so well! You put me right back in that time. I remember go go boots very well. I wanted a pair so badly, but we lived in Podunk, Nova Scotia and there was no money for go go boots. Remember Nancy Sinatra and "These Boots Are Made for Walking?" Oh well, I've managed just fine in my life without go go boots! Now I'm happy for anything that I'm comfortable in. LOL Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.