#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, February 02, 2018

These little problems become big problems

Why don’t they tell us these things? I have been blogging for eleven years so I thought I knew everything about my blog. But today I decided to make a book from last year of my blog only to discover that half my photos were missing…MISSING!!!! Where were they and how could that happen? To my dismay I discovered that Blogger stores the photos from the blog on Google Photos. And if you delete photos from there they are gone forever. And that is just what I did. I thought they would be safe forever on the blog so I just deleted some of them. Boo, Hoo. Some of them are still stored on my computer and I have backed up a lot of them to an external hard drive. But they are gone on my blog. I went back a little farther in my blog and found that the ones I had there before I added google photos to my ipad are still there. So I immediately spent the whole day making a book from my 2016 year of the blog. I will continue to make more books. It seems paper is the only real thing you can depend on since POOF! digital things can disappear without a trace. ( By the way…if you are ever interested in making a book from your photos or your journal Bookemon is an excellent, quick, easy and cheap way to go ).


1 comment :

  1. Anonymous4:08 PM

    oh Peggy. I know your frustration!
    when the Peanut was hacked the last time the Captain was only able to save the words.
    and none of the pictures. the only posts with pictures are AFTER the last hacking.
    I feel like the Peanut has been gutted!
    I always chose the pictures so carefully and I had such fun doing it. sad.
    I wondered yesterday on yours why a lot of them had a minus in a circle with no picture!
    it wasn't registering that it might be Blogger and Google! and YES. they should WARN YOU!
    now I understand.
    and also ... think of the people who literally THROW AWAY their 'real' pictures and store
    everything digitally on the cloud or whatever!!! and as you say "POOF!"
    good grief. I'm with you. paper I can touch.
    thank you for the Bookemon tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.