#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Anything that floats



I’ve talked about Children’s Lake before which is near Chris’ house. Today they had an event which drew a large crowd. The Anything That Floats Competition.  Homemade craft sailed out onto the lake to compete in different categories. 

Some were really cute like Yabba Dabba Do,


This one unfortunately capsized.  



Some smart people brought their own chairs.  


It was so much fun to watch this unique race. It was really hot.  I am not used to the hot weather and didn’t do so well in the heat. Believe it or not it was even too hot to go shopping. 


I had to include this picture showing why we need a van. 











2 comments :

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    What? Too hot to shop? I don't believe it!!! Just think, soon you'll have your air, and your home will be as cool as any store! We had rain yesterday afternoon late, and a real cloudburst this morning. Right now, it's 84 at 2:30; very humid.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:47 PM

    I love your town! oh. yes. you know that. I've told you before!
    and we're still in the red warning for the heat danger zone. not a fun time.
    but still! happy 4th to you dearest bean! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.