#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Happier days



I came across these few pictures of Sadie and it mad me so sad. As you know she has lupus and poly arthritis which has deformed her front legs. Now her back legs are collapsing and it is getting hard for her to stand up.  She hasn’t been walking for a long while now and I carry her everywhere. She sits most of the day in front of the window. When I am outside I take her out to sit while I work. I carry her into the kitchen for her meals. The medicine has made her gain weight and she is very heavy. Her once active life has been reduced inactivity.  She doesn’t seem to express pain but when I see her licking her hind leg I know it must be hurting her. When do you say that it is time and merciful? 






2 comments :

  1. Oh dear Peggy, what a heartbreaking decision you are faced with to do what's best for your darling girl. Everyone has to make this decision themselves for their dear fur babies and it's just so very hard. My heart goes out to you and your husband and to sweet Sadie.

    Sending love and prayers,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:51 PM

    you know how I feel. I have loved her from the very first time I visited here. I once read every post about her.
    I am with you. and surely I have no answer. but whatever you decide and whenever it is... I know it's from your heart.
    sending all three of you love so much love. hold her close for me dearest bean. tell her I love her too. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.