#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Pause for this political announcement

Be afraid. Be very afraid.  

I try to keep my political views out of my blog for I respect that everyone is allowed to have their own opinions when it comes to politics. But after our president’s disaster yesterday at the Helsinki summit I must issue this warning. 

Every since Trump became a candidate I marveled that he could stand in front of people and lie and still get support. His basic character stood against all that I hold dear in someone running for office and for a man in general. Yet he gathered crowds which he whipped into a frenzy with chants of Lock her Up. The mentality of his rallies reminded me of how Hitler hoodwinked his country’s citizens. 

I first became suspicious when he praised Putin continually and was vicious to anyone who opposed him. I tried to understand his fascination and praise of dictators and his predudice views. Finally after the dossier I was convinced that he was being blackmailed by Russia. It was the only possible explanation to why he seemed to push their agenda.

But yesterday he finally shocked the nation by siding with Putin against our own CIA and justice system. He was played. Putin dominated. The America we all are so proud of is in jeopardy. Trump is tearing down our institutions and ripping up the idea of checks and balances. I am truly fearful that good men (and women) will not stand up to him while we still can. 

Vote this November. 

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous6:51 PM

    I will be voting.
    but I live in a state that gave the world another one... namely Scott Pruitt.
    I also live in a state that keeps trying to give guns to teenagers to carry openly...
    and who also thinks that global warming is a hoax.
    not sure what good my vote will do.
    and that is something in itself. how can 'entire states' be for one way only ???
    that's not the America I want. it would be nice to know you had a chance if you vote!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.