#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Weekend fun


This shark was just one of the delicious foods that we had at Diane and Jeff’s annual Fourth of July party. What a great opportunity it is for all my sisters family and all of mine to get together. This morning we were off to the farmers market to get fresh peaches then back to the lake for a swim.  The kids were boating and out on the jet ski. The weather had cooled down to the seventies and the water was as warm as bath water. We grilled chicken and I made peach cobbler. Josh and Caron made their much in demand Texas Caviar and vodka chocolate cherries. 

There was salsa and chips and dips, barbecued chicken, salads and lots of other food. 





In the evening we sat by the fire and roasted marshmallows. Now we have settled in to watch Princess Bride while the teenagers are watching the horror movie IT. What a fantastic day this has been. A group of twenty five people and six dogs and all are happy. 






V

3 comments :

  1. Y'all are such a fun family! And you have good food, I love the shark! I must google vodka chocolate cherries, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:15 PM

    ditto Dewena's comment! lol
    don't think I've ever seen a watermelon shark!
    a picture of Sadie would be good. can she be in the lake with floaties on? and closely watched or held?
    I know she loves the water so. but knowing her she's just glad to be where everybody else is! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.