#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Routine



I always say that at this age it is just patch,repair and maintain. Just routine blood work this morning for a doctor’s appointment next week. I’ve been going through a good period of health lately. I’ve been through some things in the past but for now things are great. 

The Circle of Friends picnic yesterday was very nice.  I tried a new recipe.....my advice....don’t do that.  It sounded easy and low calorie. Just mix lemon pie filling with an angel food cake mix. It baked up nice and high and looked good but as it cooled it began to fall. It fell and shrunk right before my very eyes. It was too late to make something else so I iced it with lemon powdered sugar icing and let it go at that. It tasted ok but not great.  Live and learn.  Life lesson.  

2 comments :

  1. I too am missing my family. Despite intentions they (not John and the children) have very much lost interest in me. They don't make plans to see us or spend any time with us. I can tell when I call them that they have only polite interest in the events of our lives. There is absolutely no interest or follow up on, "how did that turn out?" or "how is that project going". We were invited for a graduation party. I will continue to reach out to them.

    On the sunset of our lives, I too continue to busy myself with interesting projects, really good books, self improvement in areas that need it and look forward to time with our children and grandchildren.

    Entertaining which I love has turned into small manageable luncheons, brunch is especially manageable and continuing to make our dinners for two well planned and interesting. I love to use my good china and silver.

    Our political opinions are very much the same as yours. I am recommending Fox News Shepherd Smith at 3:00 and anything by Chris Wallace on Fox. You would think you are listening to CNN or MSNBC. It gives me hope that the truth is getting to those people if they watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:31 AM

    I'm so glad you're having a good spell with your health! especially your throat. and your eyes!
    I foolishly and willfully agreed to eat at the Marine's and my favorite place. we like the patio.
    there are huge shade trees with a fountain and a fish pond. and tables with umbrellas.
    and also big fans with misters so I agreed. we always have such a wonderful time there... we laugh.
    and we also solve the world's crises! but it is dangerously hot here.
    when we left and his car said 120 degrees I knew I had messed up. yes he has A/C but when it's that hot it takes too long to cool. by the time I got home my heart (the Afib) was not good. I have sworn this year I will NOT wind up in the hospital again with it! I had a very bad night. but took the meds and just was quiet for two days. AAAGGGHH! (bette davis was right... old age is not for sissies!) or idiots that foolishly insist on living like they KNOW they shouldn't! I will go back to 'being good.'
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.