#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Rave on



Tuesday night I attended another great event by the Bradford Creative and Performing Arts group. They have a summer series which features artist impersonators. This time it was Buddy Holly. RIght from the start it captured my heart. The back up band played Chantilly Lace by the Big Bopper and Runaround Sue by Dion to honor those who were on tour with Buddy just before that fatal plane crash. Then Buddy Holly came out and for an hour and a half solid performed songs and told stories that had me right back into the fifties. He was working up a sweat as he pretended to be Buddy transported into modern times. It was a delightful performance and had me dancing in my seat. But a big surprise came at the end of the concert when he left the stage. The band continued to play a few songs and then he came out again dressed like Richie Valens and tore the house down with La Bamba and Donna. We are so lucky to have such an active group that brings top notch entertainment to our small town. 

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous4:29 PM

    YES! you are! I knew I loved Bradford (I almost said Bradford Falls! LOL) oh it's a wonderful life! even in wintertime!
    and what we're really lucky in is that we remember the REAL times in which those wonderful songs and music came from! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.