#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, July 21, 2018

My happy space



I like a lot of people used to hate having my picture taken. What I would see never matched up with how carefully I looked in the mirror. But once I took a photography course in self portraiture. It made me more accepting of my looks and willing to put myself out into the world not in a self indulgent way but in a more self confident way. In this day of selfies I guess that’s ok. 

I took this picture when I was getting in car and heading for my watercolor class at Mayville. It really shows me in my happy space. More and more I am trying to do things that bring a smile to my face. Carpe diem has become my rally cry. Especially this summer. Our winters come fast and stay long so in the nice weather months I try to cram in as much living as I can. 



2 comments :

  1. Anonymous5:15 PM

    OH PEGGY! yes! I yelled there. LOLOL!
    that's a wonderful picture of you and your spirit! you LOOK HAPPY!
    it's just beautiful and timeless. that's what happiness does.
    I'm one of those who hates her pictures always. (and I consider myself a very happy person!)
    I just don't like the way I look in photos! maybe I'll have to re-think it all. and learn something
    from my dear friend in "Bedford Falls" lookalike town! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with Tam! You are beautiful, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.