#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

AWE

Sometimes the beauty of snow and ice is overwhelming. AS we traveled over to Eldred to visit Don’s family we came across this scene in the flats. 


This area always floods when the river rises but this time the water had turned into a skating rink. 


The sun was shining through the trees and creating long stripes on the ice. 



It was so beautiful I had to stop the car and get out to take a picture. 


And of course I had fun playing around with apps to make the pictures more dramatic. 




1 comment :

  1. These photos are striking, Peggy! They remind me of one special day when I was seven and living in Alymer, Ontario. There had been a hard freeze in a flooded wood, just like this. A bunch of kids, including my brother and I, went skating. It was pure magic. I don't remember much more than the laughter, the cracking of the ice, and the beauty and novelty of skating in the trees. Thanks for the memory. Have a good one, my friend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.