#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Choo Choo



When Don and I were younger we loved to go to auctions and estate sales. At that time my house was done in the country style and those old crocks fit right in. On the weekends we delighted in sitting all day at an auction to see what was there and bid. So many of the thing in our house were treasured because they were old. But as times change so did I. My style evolved and the house got crowded and we started exiting the antiques. For a while Don had a booth at a consignment place and we sold some that way. Others I put out at a house sale. Now we have very little left.
But in our basement I found four boxes of train tracks and cars. We had been ignoring them pushing the boxes from place to place never really making a decision on what to do with them.
So today was the day. I brought the boxes upstairs and sorted through all of them, organizing the tracks and transformers and bagging them into a neat pile. The next step of course is to actually get them out of the house. First we are offering them to our grandson. If he doesn’t want them I have a business card of a man who collects trains. This will be the next call. Wish me luck.

1 comment :

  1. Wishing you luck, Peggy! I've oh so slowly been moving things out. It would go faster if I didn't travel so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.