#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 25, 2018

It smells like spring...looks like winter.

We continue to have snow...this time just a dusting. My hyacinth is in full bloom now and when I put my nose up to it I can imagine that spring has come. But it's a long way off yet.

I have always called this the "Laying by time". Even though I try to be productive by cleaning and organizing I find I'd rather just sit and binge watch Game of Thrones.(this is totally addictive)...and eat. Why is it this time of year I want all the hardy and carb filled stews? I've made it a point to go to the gym. I used to really not like it but now I put on my earphones and listen to podcasts and it makes the time go by quickly. My favorites are Gretchen Rubin and Decorating Tips and Tricks.


How are you spending these indoor days?

1 comment :

  1. Hi, Peggy! I'm guessing that your behavior is instinctual and dates back to ages when food was scarce during winter and humans had to conserve energy with "laying by time" ~ probably just an odd bone to throw on the fire or boil in a clay pot and watch it cook. There's evidence that H. erectus cooked food as early as 500,000 years ago. We are children of the Pleistocene, so kick back, binge on "Game of Thrones," and enjoy the smell of those hardy stews and the carbs that fuel your body ~ LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.