#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, January 07, 2018

TV



My name is Peggy and I am a tv addict. On these cold days of winter I am watching a lot more tv than usual. Our remotes are corralled right beside our chairs with easy access (and so I don’t keep losing them). Since Chris gave us a new tv last Christmas and hardwired our internet to the tv we have been able to stream Netflix and Amazon right to the tv easily. We also have Apple TV and can show anything that is on the ipad. Without Chris I would be electronically challenged. Streaming along with a DVR has changed completely my way of life. With a DVR I record all my favorite programs and watch them at different times when I feel like it without watching commercials. Since there are 20 minutes of commercials to every hour of tv it saves me a lot of viewing time. And the programs automatically record once you set it up so it is not a problem if you are not home for your favorite show.  Here are some comments about the shows I watch. 
  Ten Days in the Valley...This detective/missing child show with Keira Sedgwick has held my interest although right in the middle they stopped the show for a while only to have it come back last night as a surprise to me. 
   Football...who hasn’t watched a lot of football lately? My Buffalo Bills made the playoffs for the first time in seventeen years. Today they play at one o’clock.  Wish them luck. 
    Blacklist....it’s back. I think it got off track last season so I am looking forward to better shows now. 
    The Housewives of....ok...I like them all but ATlanta. I like to see how really rich women can be so catty and petty. And how they spend their money. 
     Top Chef...love this cooking competition. 
     Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How to get away with murder...I miss these Thursday night shows. 
     Rachel Maddow....my favorite newscaster who breaks down the news so I can understand it. 
     Other BRavo shows like RelationShep and Southern Charm. ..I’m a sucker for the south. 
     On Netflix....Grace and FRankie, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black
    ON Amazon Prime..Goliath, Suits
    ON DVD....GAme of Thrones
What are you “can’t miss” shows?

   

3 comments :

  1. It really helps when one knows someone who understands everything about....being a techie....This is truly a foreign language to me...I'm perplexed and then brain dead when someone tries to explain all this neat stuff to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, Peggy. You and I could share a TV clicker. We both like the same shows! I'm a big big fan of Rachel's, I am on the same wavelength as you as far as the Housewives goes, loves Suits - I'll miss Megan, and Goliath was a nice surprise. The Mr. and I are watching "Liar" which is on Sundance. We signed up for a free week. It's pretty good. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed when I saw your corralled remotes, Peggy! While we were down in Arizona, we were able to watch Netflix for the first time. I watched "The Navajo Mysteries" (There were only three movie-length episodes) based on some of Tony Hillerman's books , and Terry and I binged on three seasons of "Longmire." I was familiar with "Longmire" because I have read several of Craig Johnson's "Longmire" books. I love my DVR, because that is how I keep up with the Y&R ~ I've come home to as many as 76 episodes. Pitiful, I know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.