#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, January 06, 2018

winter transition

Winter is a season onto itself. While in the south things pretty much look the same all year long in the winter we are covered for months with white. Blankets of white cover all the ground and the trees on the hills show layers of white on the branches. Everywhere you look it is white all over. So we decorate inside to give us something else to look at.
IMG_8429
After the Christmas tree is put up in the attic I change to winter decor.  This arrangement I just put together on a whim. I used a silver bowl that I found this year at Pier One which had many beautiful things this season. I added some berries and greenery on the outside and in the center put one of my very very favorite objects.
IMG_8413IMG_8411
I always decorate the black table in front of the sunroom window. I love mercury glass and found these round bowls at Kohl’s one year. I think the amaryllis are perfect to transition from one season to another.
IMG_8405 (2)
And in the center is my large trophy filled with white flowers, artichokes, eucalyptus and branches from my contorta tree.



IMG_8400
This year I found these silver pheasants at a consignment store in Tennessee and they hopped right into my cart.
IMG_8404IMG_8403
Another thing that I just had to bring home were these little candle holders from Pottery Barn. They are glass with silver on the outside and a hint of gold on the inside.

IMG_8406IMG_8408
My table stayed mostly the same. I traded out the glittered white deer for the bronze stag and added some pine cone trees.
IMG_8414IMG_8420
Now I am set for the winter season.




1 comment :

  1. You have "the eye" to seeing just how beautiful it will be, once it's put together.,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.