#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, April 15, 2018

ALONE

It is rare that I am alone. I grew up in a family, went to college where I was surrounded by people in my dorm, immediately married so I never really lived alone. In fact when I am alone it feel foreign to me. Yesterday I was alone all day. Don went to Erie to visit his good high school friend and attend a gun raffle party. He left in the morning so I had the whole day ahead of me. I didn’t even get dressed until almost ten thirty walking around in my nightclothes all morning. That was strange. I occupied myself by going from the computer to a book to doing a few cleaning chores. I really wanted to go for a walk but it seemed a little cold outside even though it finally did reach sixty. I watched a little tv. And then at five my girlfriend picked me up and I went out to dinner with their Saturday night group. It was just the four of us this time and we went to Sassy’s, a truck stop right across the New York border. It was the first time the girls ate there and we discovered that it was very noisy. It was hard to converse because of the noise of the dining room with high ceilings and no acoustics. The food was ok. Two people got salads, I got a burger and one gal had chicken Marsala. I’m not raving about it but it was ok. It is on the Seneca Indian reservation and so there is no tax on the bill.  A lot of people go over the line into New York State on the reservation to buy their gas because it is quite a bit cheaper than in our town and only ten miles away. When I got home Sadie was on watch for her daddy. She won’t settle down until Don gets home and even though I took her to bed with me she barked at every little noise waiting for him to come. And of course when he got home at eleven thirty she barked and barked waking me up. And kept barking until he came in the bedroom to acknowledge her presence. I must admit that I was glad to have him back home too. 











2 comments :

  1. Anonymous5:40 PM

    i was like you. went straight from home to marriage though. and after not being alone for 17 years it definitely was hard to get used to. i think it's why i moved every 6 months after losing Bob! i was running away i guess and trying to find home again.
    but now i've been alone a whole lot longer than i ever was WITH someone. so i would find it hard to have anybody live with me now.
    i prefer being alone. i love my times with the marine and his family when we see them. but for me now... it's solitude. and i love it. it's all in what a person has to become used to i guess! we conform!
    your post almost reads like a novel! xo with a happy ending picture!!! and i HATE eating in places like that where you can't even hear yourself THINK much less talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh!!!! Hello Ladies!!!💓💓💓 so nice seeing yall...once again. I miss you!!! Love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.